Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - Turkey Tag

This week's Hoedown is to incorporate a Tag into your project.  I received this great Wee Henry Turkey digi for playing along last week.  I saw this technique on Splitcoaststampers.com and made a mini tag book last Christmas for a gift.  I decided this would be perfect for this challenge.  The tag holder is made from an empty toliet paper roll.  It's the perfect size to house a tag and strong enough to attach to a ring or chain when you make several (1 holder per tag).  It's super simple, all you have to do is flatten the toilet paper holder and then cover with paper and decorate. Then you make the tag to fit inside. You can seal one end or you don't have to since it's stiff enough where the tag won't fall out.  I covered the tag holder with decorative paper and then used the Hambo Stamp - scarecrow and one of the sentiments I received for the challenge.


As you can see I decided to seal the bottom just because I like the finished look.  The next picture shows the tag sticking out of the holder.


Now here's the tag using the Wee Henry Turkey digi and the other sentiment I received  topped off with a leaf brad.  I stamped some leaves as a background on the tag and punched a hole and added some brown and gold adornment string.


When making each tag as a mini book you can punch holes in one corner of the tag holder and string them on a chain or ring.  I actually made each tag into a money holder for a Christmas gift.  This would also make a great gift card holder.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, how cute! I love all the extra ribbons and fibers you used on the top of the totally adorable turkey tag :) And then that it has it's own little envelope?! Genius! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super adorable! I absolutely love the fact that you used a royal blue for his little outfit! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week.

    ReplyDelete