Friday, October 7, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie challenge #98 - Paper Piecing

This week for the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge Nicole has challenged us to use paper piecing somewhere on our project.  I like paper piecing but many times I get so involved in coloring with my copics markers that I forget all about paper piecing.  Paper piecing just gives your projects a really different look.  For this week I chose Lisette and made a birthday card that I will send to a  good friend of mine.


I paper pieced Lisette's jacket to match the background on the card and colored the rest of her and the cake with my copics markers.  I used the Chinese Knot border punch for the side borders and Magic mesh for the center.  The paper background squares were cut using the Quickutz Nesting Squares die. The card body is actually a purple, but the picture makes it look more blue than purple.  The sentiment was computer generated.  Thanks for stopping by and looking.

1 comment:

  1. Love how you have used Lisette, great card. Now Debbie, I hope you know how special you must be!! You asked about the punch on my 'Butterflies Flutter By' card. Unfortunately I never keep the names of my punches and they are not on the punch itself. Anyway, after some online research I have discovered that my Martha Stewart punch is called a Double Edge Punch and the design is 'Bangle Chain Trim'! Hope that helps. Hugs,
    NanaDiana

    ReplyDelete