Monday, February 20, 2012

Hambo Hoedown - Dragon

Hoedown Time...This week I received the "Dragon" digi and some great sentiments just for playing along last week.  If you haven't played in the Hoedown, you gotta give it a try.  Each week, just for playing you get a free digi for the next week's challenge.  I've received some great digis over the past year.  The challenge this week was to use gold and silver.  I've never really liked to use chalks on my projects because I can't stay within the lines when I'm coloring with them (and that's a big deal to me). The other day I was at the store and I found chalk pencils.  They're great, they are chalk but they're a pencil so when I color with them I have more control and can stay within the lines.  I used dark blue cardstock so I thought I'd give them a try.


I used the "Tree" stamp from Hambo stamps.  I stamped the trees and campfire using a Silver stamp pad.  I masked and stamped the tree to create a grove of trees.  I then used my new chalk pencils to add color or highlight the stamps. The green in the trees isn't very visible in the picture, but it looks really nice on the card. I colored the dragon digi with my copics markers, his belly and wings are colored with gold, but the picture makes it look more like yellow.  I speckled the blue background with a white gel pen to make it look more like night and added a shooting star in the right top corner.  I added the "You light my fire" sentiment! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Great card Debbie. I love all of the details you've added. Thanks for playing in the Hoedown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!. You did a great job Debbie!!!, with lots of great details. Thans for joining us at the Hoedown.

    ReplyDelete