Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hambo Hoedown Challenge 35 - Case a card

This week's challenge is to CASE a card from the Hambo Card Gallery.  At first I didn't understand what CASE meant (CASE = Copy And Share Everything.)   Wow - the opportunity to copy someone else's design.  It sounds easier then it is.  There are so many awesome designs in the Hambo Gallery and it was hard to pick just one, but then the Silly Monkey card by Judith Rozema caught my eye so I cased it (that sounds so cool, "I cased it").  You can see the image in the Hambo Gallery here



Isn't this card cute?  I love the layout.  I used the Dragonfly digi that we received this week and copied Judith's idea. 

 I used the Cuttlebug leafy branch embossing folder with the core color paper and sanded the image a little to allow the lighter teal color to show through.  I shrunk the dragonfly digi and painted them with my Twinkling H2O paints from Luminart.  The picture doesn't do the colors or shine of the paint justice. I haven't used these paints since I purchased my Copics Markers, I forgot how much I enjoy painting with them and how beautiful the colors are.  They are great to take with you because they come in little jars and are actually a dried hard cake of paint.  All you have to do is swirl a wet paintbrush on the cake of paint and you have a paintbrush full of twinkling paint.  If you haven't tried them - check them out they're great.  I added a ribbon to connect the 3 squares. Thanks for checking out my blog.


2 comments:

  1. Love the blue background. I have not tried the Twinkling H2O paints, I will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing. Good luck in the challenge.

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for choosing one of my cards to case! You did a super job with your design - love the different dfly colors!

    ReplyDelete